rss

Mark Tucker, Local Photographer Artist, Celebrity

As I looked for biographical information about Mark Tucker, link after link provided pictures, his blog, and comments about his photographs... but no biographical information about Mr. Tucker. Seeing a phone number listed on his website: 'Mark Tucker, Nashville Tennessee', I thought it harmless enough and called. Mark Tucker answered. He was a bit reserved at first. I identified myself and the nature of my call, a student in photography, writing an essay on photographers with a landscape theme. We spoke for about fifteen minutes.
I asked if it was an accident that there was so little biographical information available. 'Not exactly', he replied. His portfolio includes many music celebrities and well known magazines. I asked a little about his background, history, what brought him to Nashville free 3d models. Mr. Tucker came to Nashville in 1981 with the hope of connecting with the music business. He came from Bowling Green, Kentucky where he had established himself as a commercial photographer and thus arrived with a resume and portfolio. He said that at the time there really wasn't a lot of competition, it was relatively easy to work into the music business and make contacts there.
We spoke about the nature of his photographs and the balance between business and art. While finding business success with some of its burden's, Mr. Tucker continues to pursue the art with an acknowledgment one must 'keep the spark alive'. When I mentioned my class at Nashville State Tech, he said he knew most of the teachers and maintained his links to education for free 3d models.
Finally I asked about the Internet, the powerful changes that have occurred in the decades his career spans; about digital photography versus film. He was both whimsical and practical speaking to the reality of production, ease of digital photography. His favorite film developer is no longer in business and to some degree a professional has to use digital technology.
I couldn't help but notice his 'Hasselblad 203FE', was leaving via eBay today according to his Facebook comment with an additional:
"Son, Yes that was the cleanest one of all. I appreciate you finding that for me. But there has come a time when film is no longer practical in the real world, and for me, that time is now. It's gone on to a man who does not operate on deadlines. free 3d models"

0 komentar:


Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Followers